Numerous places and events have shaped Lake Bluff through the years, connecting the community to the national and world stage in some cases. Among these are:
- Lake Bluff Children’s Home: Deaconesses & Children
- Dwyer Settlement
- World War I Ambulance: Most Patriotic Town
- McCormick’s Restaurant & Lounge : Everyone who has ever lived here has their favorite go-to place to eat a meal, have a drink and.or meet up with friends. McCormick’s was one of the best.
- The Pug Float in the 4th of July Parade
- Lake Bluff hotels during the Methodist Camp Meeting Association era — 1870s to early 1900s
- Lead Garden Sculpture by significant 18th century artist unearthed at museum’s Trinkets & Treasures sale